PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Provide custodial, equipment, grounds, natural resource and facility maintenance services for department properties in a manner which ensures efficient operations and provides a safe atmosphere for facility or program users. Maintain and improve the physical integrity of the Rec Center by providing custodial, maintenance and customer service functions during a flexible work schedule including days, nights, weekends and some holidays. Assist in all areas of department. May be assigned to work with heavy equipment and other types of equipment to perform various functions as necessary.
General hours for this position are 3:00pm-11:00pm Wednesday-Sunday, but there will be the need to respond to after hour emergencies and essential tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as person responsible for facility during assigned shift, providing customer service assistance and maintaining a welcoming friendly environment.
2. Provide custodial services necessary to keep building clean, safe and in good functioning condition at all times.
3. Responsible for ice resurfacing, ice edging and overall ice quality during scheduled shift.
4. Responsible for monitoring all pool pumps, motors, valves, filtration equipment and water chemistry, making adjustments as necessary.
5. Perform maintenance duties related to the following operations: ice arena, swimming pool, Recreational Outdoor Center (ROC), community rooms and banquet facility room set-ups.
6. Monitor building mechanical, ice refrigeration and pool filtration systems and equipment for safe and efficient operation at all times.
7. Make minor repairs to building components and perform minor construction duties.
8. Perform various maintenance functions for equipment, grounds, natural resources and structures, exercising adequate judgment to ensure completion of tasks as assigned.
9. Operate equipment necessary to perform assigned task in a proficient manner.
10. Regularly and openly communicate with lead worker or supervisor regarding any perceived problems or concerns relating to work sites or job assignments.
11. Provide effective customer service to public and other staff.
12. Perform physical labor or other various maintenance functions in parks and other city properties as assigned.
13. On occasion, will provide work direction to seasonal or temporary employees in a work-site setting.
14. May be required to function as crew lead on short term projects as assigned.
15. Perform other duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
High school degree or equivalent.
Ability to obtain Aquatic Facility Operators (AFO) License and Class “C” Boiler’s License within 6 months of hire.
Ability to transport oneself to a variety of locations, climbing stairs and ladders, entering confined spaces, and operating hand and mechanical tools and equipment.
Ability to read, follow and understand written policies, procedures, manuals, chemical information, etc. as needed to perform essential job functions.
Ability to work effectively with people from all cultures and backgrounds.
Demonstrated cultural competence and comfort with supporting the city’s strategic objectives for racial equity.
Ability to independently and safely carry out tasks, duties and responsibilities assigned.
Ability to understand and follow safety/OSHA regulations.
Ability to physically perform essential functions and requirements of the position.
Ability to work in an outdoors and indoor environment year-round, working in extreme temperatures for lengths of time.
Ability to work a varied schedule as assigned.
Experience with manual labor and operation of trucks and light equipment.
Two years’ experience in ice arena and pool operation
Certificates and licensing in various related areas.
Prior experience working with and serving in a highly racially diverse environment.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
5005 Minnetonka Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for job
- Ice Arena Assistant Manager – The Blake School, Hopkins, MN
- Ice Rink Supervisor – Bend, Oregon