This position will assist with the day-to-day operations which includes ice maintenance, inventory management, equipment monitoring, basic ice resurfacing maintenance, and oversight of part time staff. In addition, this position provides leadership for the Bloomington Ice Garden during evening and weekends and effectively handles a variety of safety and customer service situations. Responsible for fostering superior customer service and employee relations. Core work hours will be a mix of weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays, with ability to flex based on needs of the arena.
CITY VALUES & EXPECTATIONS
- Models and contributes to a positive work environment, culture of communication, engagement and safety
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with employees and the general public, including but not limited to those of diverse racial, ethnic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Works cooperatively as a member of a team; develops and maintains effective working relationships with diverse coworkers and community members; consistently brings a high level of self-awareness and empathy to all personal interactions
- Embrace the City’s shared values and contribute towards accomplishing the City’s vision and goals by being creative, innovative, continuously learning, and communicating clearly
Examples of Duties
- Ability to maintain the highest quality of ice surface, including operating the ice resurfacer, edger and other specialized equipment
- Assists in maintenance activities and follows preventative maintenance programs for the arena equipment and overall building.
- Carries out custodial duties of the arena, building and grounds to assure a safe and clean facility.
- Supervises hockey games and special events in the absence of the Ice Arena Manager(s).
- Provides leadership and support in the absence of direct supervisor and assists over all operations of the facility.
- Operates the skate rental shop, rent skates, cleans, sharpens and keeps skates organized. Responsible for knowing basic point of sale transactions.
- Provides superior customer service and strives to create a positive customer experience to promote ongoing and repeat business.
- Remains actively visible and engaged with staff and customers in the facility during open hours of operation.
- Alongside the Ice Garden Superintendent works to maintain all mechanical equipment, including arena refrigeration, heating and cooling, irrigation, chemical and filter systems.
- Responds to facility operations maintenance issues.
- Makes recommendations to Ice Garden Manager regarding staffing and contractual service needs.
- Resolves facility usage issues with patrons and customers.
- Conducts building walkthroughs when facility is closed (Holidays/Holiday weekends).
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned