Who is Minnesota Sports and Entertainment?
We are a team of talented and empowered individuals that infuse a passionate spirit into our events and the MN Wild! Our purpose is to Create a Greater State of Hockey, a greater connection to our community. We do this through commitment to serving our organization, serving one another, our fans and guests and our community. We create moments that turn into memories. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, keep reading!
Description of Team
Our Ice Operations team is attentive and passionate with safety being the highest priority. We strive for perfection, ensuring the ice surface is the best in the State of Hockey. The Ice Tech is THE “go–to” for the daily operation and maintenance of TRIA Rink, top to bottom, inside and out.
As our Ice Technician I, YOU:
- Oversee the facility. Confirm the interior and exterior of the facility are properly maintained; provide general small repairs and housekeeping. You adhere to state, federal, OSHA and league safety requirements. On a daily basis, you perform facility security functions.
- Handle many systems. Cleaning equipment, HVAC, ice plant, building controls, sound, lighting and the scoreboard…just to name a few.
- Prepare and maintain the field of play. Complete repairs on ice surface, dasher boards and safety shields. Operate ice-resurfacing machine and ice edger primarily at TRIA Rink. Remove and install ice - utilizing tools of the trade. Execute proper paint application and temporary in ice logos. Shovel and inspect ice during Wild games at Xcel Energy Center from time to time.
- Wear many hats. You sharpen skates, answer phones, maintain the cleanliness of the facility, operate a cash register and drive an ice-resurfacing machine.
- Are a service centerpiece. You are available to all teams and guests, providing nothing short of excellent customer service.
YOU ARE A:
- Legal Adult. Sorry kids, you’ve got to be 18 or older, with a high school diploma or equivalent to get this gig.
- Experienced Rink Rat. You live and breathe being at the rink including nights and weekends. You can do all rink maintenance and then some. Yeah, we’re known for superb ice and we expect you to bring the skills and attitude to deliver on our reputation.
- Professional Ambassador. Whether it’s behind the reception desk, in a locker room or on the ice in front of 18,000 fans, you are a direct representation of the Minnesota Wild. You are courteous and respectful. You deliver great service at every opportunity and engaging with skaters of all ages and abilities.
- Captain. You work hard and are a strong communicator. Problem solving is your strength.
MINNESOTA SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT WILL:
Listen to you. We need your thoughts, ideas and passion to help make this the best team in sports and entertainment. You talk, we’ll listen.
Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done in a way that makes sense for you. We measure output and impact.
Support you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the Minnesota Sports and Entertainment organization and to our Minnesota Wild. You won’t find more passionate people all focused on creating a Greater State of Hockey. Go Wild!
Commit to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. We drive social change and foster inclusivity by providing a safe, positive and welcoming environment for you, all community members and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, background or experience.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- STAR Certified Ice Technician (CIT) and Safe Ice Resurfacer Operation (SIRO) course preferred.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications preferred, required within 60 days of hire.
- 5+ years of continual experience working in an ice area operating resurfacers with industry training programs or 10+ years with no formal industry-training program.
- Ability to sharpen hockey/figure skates and provide minor skate repairs.
In accordance with the ADA this role requires the following physical duties: walking, standing for more than 3+ hours at a time, bending, climbing, kneeling, grasping, twisting, lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted and 100 pounds assisted. Ability to work in varying temperatures. Regularly work near moving mechanical parts. Able to work up to 50+ feet in height. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Should an accommodation be requested MSE will evaluate the request and provide reasonable accommodation under accordance of the ADA.
This position requires the incumbent to be fully vaccinated per NHL Covid-19 Protocol for the 2021-22 season. This vaccination requirement (including without limitation, reasonable accommodation requests, employee privacy and other employment considerations) is based on applicable laws in our jurisdiction.
Apply for job
- Ice Rink Supervisor – Bend, Oregon
- Parks/Arena Maintenance Worker – East Grand Forks Civic Center