Come Play Where you Work!
Bend Park & Recreation District is looking for a Ice Rink Supervisor to oversee operations.
APPLY ONLINE: www.bendparksandrec.org/jobs
About The job: The purpose of the Pavilion is to provide a variety of activities to meet the needs and interests for the community both today and in the future. The Supervisor 3 is charged with overseeing building services and operations through the leadership, coordination and supervision of the Manager On Duty staff as part of a highly collaborative and innovative Recreation Facilities Leadership team (JSFC, LCC-Home of the Bend Senior Center and the PAV). The position is responsible for coordinating facility programs during the ice and non-ice seasons and facility maintenance functions while working closely with the Customer Service Representatives and MOD’s to assure operations meet health and safety expectations, as well as, high customer expectations. The Recreation Facilities Leadership team is charged with leading the field in delivering aquatics, fitness, wellness, ice skating and roller sports, special events and social opportunities for the residents and guests of Bend while complimenting program and service delivery of the broader BPRD including positioning BPRD with respect to building upon and enhancing programs offered at all three locations The position involves supervising and managing all aspects of the day to day activities providing leadership for daily operations including activities, program, staff, training, budget, partnerships, and responding to community and user expectations.
A Day In The Life:
- Manages ongoing operations of assigned recreation facility.
- Oversees facility scheduling, coordinating services and maximizing facility utilization.
- Oversees facility staffing, ensuring an efficient and coordinated use of staff including reviewing time and attendance, including managing leave request and time entry approvals.
- Plans, develops, evaluates and coordinates programs and special events and/or supervises and supports others assigned to program coordination.
- Identifies and responds to community needs, program trends and District strategic programming and outreach goals.
- Implements established District and facility personnel policies and procedures.
- Implements risk management and safety standards and procedures to maintain a safe environment for staff and patrons.
- Works collaboratively with the Customer Service Supervisor to meet facility receptionist needs and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Identifies facility maintenance and janitorial needs, including the maintenance of required records and documentation. Writes work orders and works closely with Facility Maintenance Supervisor to prioritize and schedule work.
- Ensures facility schedules, in-house marketing materials, social media, and other public information and communications are accurate and responsive.
- Implements and monitors facility budget; works with Recreation Services Manager on budget development, including making adjustments to remain within budget, including making decisions on staffing levels.
- Develops and updates operating procedures.
- Maintains required records including facility use, attendance, operating records, safety, staff training, etc.
- Responds to staff and public questions, concerns, requests regarding facility.
- Works collaboratively with Recreation Services Manager and Marketing Manager to identify and develop facility marketing and promotion needs.
- Works closely with Recreation Services Manager to coordinate overall District programs and services and plan for future facility and program needs.
- Develop, nurtures and grows relationships with community partners and overseeing Facility Use Agreements.
- May occasionally serve as Shift Supervisor/Manager on Duty.
Apply for job
- Public Service Worker- St. Louis Park Rec Center
- Ice Technician I – Xcel Energy Center/TRIA Rink