Ice Arena Coordinator
Part Time 29 hours
$16.94 - $21.16 Hourly
Responsible for arena operations and staff in absence of the Ice Arena Supervisor. Performs a variety of tasks including, ice maintenance, inventory management, equipment monitoring, basic Zamboni maintenance and facility cleanliness/upkeep.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in day-to-day operations of the ice arena.
• Carries out and enforces arena policies and practices and ensures enforcement of safety and security measures.
• Assists in maintaining ice sheets in optimum conditions.
• Assists in maintenance activities and follows preventive maintenance programs to arena equipment and building.
• Carries out janitorial duties of the arena and grounds to assure a safe and clean facility.
• Monitors equipment, keeps accurate records, identifies and reports any problems to the Ice Arena Supervisor.
• Performs minor equipment repairs as needed.
• Performs equipment operations, including operating the resurfacing equipment in safe manner, keeping ice hours on schedule.
• Assists in training part-time personnel in the operations of equipment.
• Operates ice edger to maintain the correct thickness of ice.
• Performs customer service operations, including supervising skating events and sharpening skates.
• Assists high school hockey games and special events.
• Interacts with customers, keeps abreast of Arena programs and events held at the Arena.
• Performs other related job duties as assigned.
High School diploma or an equivalent. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Two years of experience being in a lead position where you directed the work of others. One year of general maintenance experience. Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including nights and weekends.
• US ICE RINK ASS> and/or IAIM certification
• Experience performing ice arena maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Thorough knowledge of modern principles and practices of civil engineering.
• Knowledge of ice arena administration and operations.
• Knowledge and experience of mechanical equipment necessary to operate and ice arena.
• Skilled in operating an ice resurfacer.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, facility users, and general public.
• Ability to perform facility maintenance without close supervision
• Ability to organize daily work, set priorities and work independently.
• Ability to understand and follow applicable OSHA standards and departmental safety practices and procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Daily contact with Administrative Department and other departmental staff.
• Daily contact with the public.
• Some interaction with Department Heads to provide support and assistance.
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB
• Desktop Computer
• Desktop Phone
• Copy/Scanner/Fax Machine
Apply for job
- Maintenance, Shipping and Receiving – R & R Specialities, Somerset, WI
- Building Maintenance Technician – HealthEast Sports Center