Sports Complex Full Time Maintenance Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Full time staff must have willingness to gain proper knowledge of
aspects of the Sports Complex - ice rinks, gymnasium, athletic dome, outside turf; in addition to the use
of all cleaning equipment, use of ice maintenance equipment, general business principles, and the ability
to interact and provide good customer service to a wide variety of people.
- Reports directly to the Sports Complex Manager, and/or to the Sports Complex Assistant.
- Must be willing to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and school breaks based on the
needs of the sports complex.
- Must possess communication and leadership skills, be team oriented, have ability to carry
out conflict resolution; along with decision making, time management, and organizational
- Willingness to gain necessary educational advancement and/or necessary certifications that
pertain to the business and skill practice of the job.
- Works in a team setting to determine the best overall goal, plan, and system to put in place
for the complex with in the school’s policies.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled events as they pertain to the Sports Complex facilities -
team practices, games, events, camps, etc.
- Provide a safe environment for players, spectators, coaches, and officials by maintaining a
clean environment - ice surfaces, locker rooms, turf fields, gymnasium floor/court, weight
room, corridors, walkways, entrances, seating areas, meeting rooms, etc.
- Aid in the monitoring of all ice making systems; along with air pressures and temperatures,
and maintain proper humidity’s.
- Monitor event changeovers along with ensuring proper equipment is available for each
designated sport in its appropriate area/facility (time clock, nets, mic, etc.).
- Monitor for damage and unauthorized use of areas that pertain to the sports complex -
within the buildings and outside the surrounding areas. Report all incidents to the Sports
- Maintain high quality playing surfaces; specifically maintaining proper ice rink playing
conditions, inspecting turf and the gym floor
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining proper air quality conditions as set by the Minnesota
Department of Health.
- Complete assigned daily equipment checks and assigned tasks. Properly report any
equipment malfunctions and address repair needs to the Sports Complex Manager.
- Aid in proper routine/preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed on equipment
- ice resurfacers, floor cleaning equipment, ice edger, battery operated equipment, etc.
- Knowledge and ability to perform preventative and some maintenance on various makes of
- Basic knowledge of HVAC and air handling systems.
- Assist part time staff in cleaning restrooms, locker rooms, hallways, bleacher areas, and all
other necessary areas to ensure a welcoming, clean, safe environment.
- Assist in contacting and helping coordinate the arrival of emergency responses; such as
ambulance, law enforcement, fire department, as indicated by alarms, referees, or any
others on the sports complex premises. Report such incidences to proper school
- Attend staff training meetings as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Apply for job
- Ice Arena Maintenance and Shift Supervisor – STMA Arena
- Building & Grounds Maintenance Supervisor: Pine City, MN