Working under the direction of the General Manager, the Director of Operations manages, supervises, and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the Ralph Engelstad Arena complex. This employee provides overall administrative planning, direction, and policies to operating supervisors and staff, assuring the highest quality service. The Director of Operations ensures an effective and cost-efficient program by controlling departmental operating budgets while providing highly responsible assistance to the General Manager.
- Oversees overall daily operation and maintenance of all operating systems. This includes HVAC, sound, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, life safety, workplace safety, communications, scoreboard systems, pest control, custodial services, etc.
- Participate in the development and administration of the facility’s operations and capital budgets; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures with General Manager; implement adjustments as necessary.
- Communicates with event department for the advancing, communicating and executing of event information to the operations staff.
- Oversees the operation of event set-up and tear-down.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Responsible for Health & Safety and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Recommend modifications to programs, policies, and procedures as appropriate
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Direct and monitor the work of contractors, engineers and architects on building projects.
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, and material safety data sheets; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university in public assembly facility management, hospitality management, business administration or a related field preferred, but will consider relevant work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience and demonstrated knowledge of physical plant management, supervisory skills and experience in work crew supervision in facility operations.
- Capable of operating in Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to supervise the work of others and work alongside.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Working knowledge of equipment safety, facility maintenance and housekeeping.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Basic Knowledge of mechanical systems and ice operations.
- Basic Knowledge of Fire Alarm/Fire Protection systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Ralph Engelstad Arena, Attn: Stacy, One Ralph Engelstad Arena Drive, Grand Forks, ND 58203, or email to Stacys@theralph.com. Applications will be reviewed immediately. Compensation depending on qualifications and experience.