Title: Rink Attendant
Reports to: Arena Manager and Assistant Manager
Hours: Evenings and Weekends, 15 hours per week
JD Effective Date: September 5, 2018
Background: Performance of and assisting in completion of daily tasks to ensure and maintain a safe and welcoming environment at the Breck School Anderson ice arena.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operates the ice resurfacer and complies with all related rules and safety regulation requirements.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of ice arena
- Opens and closes the building
- Provides quality customer service and effectively communicates with current clients
- Performs skate sharpening duties and complies with all related safety requirements
- Snow removal of sidewalks and all related door access
- Assists with set up and take down for events
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to maintain a professional attitude and active role, even while working under potentially stressful conditions (weather, upset or injured patron, etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow directives and enforce school policy.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, set priorities and complete work on a timely basis
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate, courteously and professionally with student, clients, and coworkers
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be over the age of 18
- High school diploma/GED
- 1 year of ice resurfacing experience. Will offer training to individuals with less than one year of experience
- Skate sharpening experience preferred but not required. Will offer skate sharpening training
To apply: submit letter of interest and to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the arena and complete an application. Breck School Anderson Ice Arena is located at 4210 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, MN 55422.
Hourly Pay 14.50