Breck School Anderson Ice Arena
Title: Assistant Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Arena Manager
Hours: Determined with Arena Manager (ex. Tu-Sat 1:30-10:00pm)
Effective Date: September 2, 2021
Breck School is a preschool through twelve, coeducational college preparatory, Episcopal day school located in Golden Valley, Minnesota, with a national reputation for excellence and achievement in academics, athletics, and the arts. Our School’s Episcopal roots are lived through an unwavering commitment to equity, inclusion, and belonging where we respect the dignity of every human being. We prioritize lifelong learning and a commitment to the greater good.
We are a community of highly engaged and motivated students, faculty, staff, and school leaders focused on building trusting relationships and strong academic scholarship through a practice of bridging research to practice. Upon graduation, Breck students are prepared for a life of intellectual curiosity, self-knowledge, and social responsibility, matriculating to colleges and universities throughout the world.
The purpose of the Assistant Manager is to, along with the Arena Manager, oversee the daily operations of Anderson Ice Arena in a manner that facilitates efficient operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of the ice arena while on duty.
- Operates the Zamboni ice resurfacer and complies with all related rules and safety regulation requirements.
- Operates all maintenance related equipment.
- Performs skate sharpening duties and complies with all related safety requirements.
- Provides quality customer service and effectively communicates with clients
- Supervises arena staff which includes rink attendants and Facility Technician, in absence of Arena Manager.
- Assists in record keeping duties for the Ice Arena in a manner that facilitates timely, accurate records as required by the Ice Arena Manager and Breck School Business Office.
- Assists in marketing and scheduling available surplus ice time.
- Participates in event planning, which includes coordinating room setup and interfacing between the Athletic Office, Development office, catering and small group meetings.
- Performs opening and closing building requirements while on duty.
- Assists Arena Manager in working closely with the Athletic Director, Breck hockey coaches, Phy-ed department and Upper School Dean of Students when facilitating student activities.
- Provides backup support and resources for the arena staff.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous ice arena experience required
- Previous ice arena management experience preferred
- College degree preferred
- Knowledge of the operation of an ice arena.
- Knowledge of scheduling and invoicing software
- Knowledge of the janitorial duties required to maintain an ice arena.
- Ability to follow directives and enforce school policy.
- Ability to safely operate a Zamboni ice re-surfacer and comply with all related rules and regulation requirements.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and complete work on a timely basis.
- Ability to effectively communicate courteously and professionally with students, clients, and co-workers.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Ability and willingness to meet physical demands of the position: Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs on a routine basis; Climb ladders to 12 feet; Bending stooping, reaching, grabbing, and crawling in confined spaces.
To apply: submit letter of interest, resume and two letters of reference email@example.com
Apply for job
- Park Maintenance 1 – City of Fergus Falls
- Arena Facility Attendant – City of Chaska, MN