Essentia Health Sports Center
Brainerd Arena Manager, Essentia Health Sports Center (EHSC)
REPORTS TO: The President of the Brainerd Amateur Hockey Foundation (BAHF)
SUPERVISION: Leadership of EHSC operations and direct supervision of The EHSC Maintenance Supervisor
DATE ISSUED: 5/9/22
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-838-4994
BASIC FUNCTION: To serve as the principal administrator of the Essentia Health Sports Center including; responsibility for all aspects of the facility including building maintenance, scheduling/ supervising/training of staff, ordering supplies and equipment, developing and following budgets and maximizing revenue through user retention and new user opportunities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and initiate marketing and direct comprehensive programs to utilize all available scheduling time.Develop activities and programs as needed. Establish goals, objectives, and strategies to increase rink patronage.
- Provide all necessary and pertinent systems for fiscal and operational oversight.
- Hire, train, develop and supervise all EHSC employees.
- Coordinate and qualify all volunteers when they are working in the facility.
- Identify target market and promote programs and services to community, state, and regional audiences.
- Recommend enhancement or renovation projects as required to maintain the EHSC competitive stature and to support the diversification of dynamic programming.
- Keep abreast of various skating interests and dry floor opportunities and markets to facilitate off-season utilization of the EHSC.
- Schedule all user events in the facility in an acceptable and established manner.
- Work with the Arena Maintenance Manager to establish flood schedules, edging schedules and general ice maintenance needs and ensure effective scheduling of arena employees to meet these needs.
- Work with the Arena Maintenance Manager to establish the preventive maintenance and repairs of all equipment, maintaining a log of all arena assets.
- Work with the Arena Maintenance Manager to inventory and obtain supplies when necessary.
- Create and manage arena budget as approved by the BAHF Board of Directors.
- Ensure a safe working environment and a safe customer environment for the whole facility.
- Develop and implement a plan to enhance current level of performance through continued education and certification, as approved by the BAHF Board.
- Working knowledge of equipment safety, facility maintenance and housekeeping.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Basic Knowledge of mechanical systems and ice operations.
- Basic Knowledge of Fire Alarm/Fire Protection systems.
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Other Miscellaneous duties as assigned by the BAHF President.
- Ice Arena Institute of Management (IAIM) certification (CAM, CAP or CAO) preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (not Required) in Business Administration, Sports Management, Communications, Public Relations, or relevant field a proven background of self- motivation and knowledge of these fields as necessary.
- Management experience preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of budgeting and strategic planning
- Skill in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to provide leadership and direction
- Ability to analyze situations and develop effective solutions
- Skating or hockey skills and knowledge of related programs
- An understanding of Zamboni operation and repair
- All around general knowledge of mechanical equipment and facility maintenance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Light work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Typically requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, keying, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Please Send Resume To: email@example.com or call 218-838-4994